10/03/2017 | 45 MINUTES
This week’s guest: Trent Tueller – an entrepreneur who’s connecting American innovators with Chinese manufacturers. Trent wanted to learn Chinese, so he took a job in Asia. He wanted to create a fitness lifestyle, so he wrote a fitness program. And when he wants to get more done in less time, he hustles. Simple, right?
Trent's Personal TICKS
- Playing Ultimate frisbee, frisbee golf, intramural softball, basketball with 65 year old “marksman”
- Hustle - those who show they respect not only their time, but the time of those relying on them
- Measuring time and striving to always manage your time better
- Self Control - inspiring to see someone do something that they just don’t feel like doing and learning to not sacrifice what we want most for what we want now
- Encouraging and strengthening other people
- Seeing the underdog win - everyone has excuses for not feeling qualified but only some rise above and use that as fuel to succeed
Trent's Personal TICK OFFS
- Bandwagon Fans - Trent is passionate about his Utah Jazz and those #blessed Jimmer Fredette years - and all too often players leave loyalty behind for a paycheck and fans are quick to follow
- Friends expecting special deals and discounts from friends - Trent believes in paying a fair price. For everything. Both parties have to be sincere when agreeing upon that fair price, otherwise the whole thing falls apart
Trent's Professional Ticks
- Trent organizes running events for Color Me Rad in Japan, acts as a middle man for US companies looking to establish manufacturing relationships with Chinese suppliers, and co-founded along with his wife, the wellness program, GetFit 21.
- Barriers to Entry - now that he’s conquered getting his business in China, he’s lovin the protection from competition
- Good Communication - so rare and so valuable. Own up to your mistakes, cause if you lie about them, what else are you lying about?
- Clean-Slate thinking - get new thinkers in the room to collaborate on new ideas
- Creativity Inc: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the way of True Inspiration, be Ed Catmull on Amazon
- Watching the evolution of thinking - where someone is able to master something they weren’t able to do before
Connect with Trent