04/03/2018 | 55 MINUTES
This week’s guest, Kait Vanhoff – a traveling yoga teacher and social media influencer who moves with energy, drive, purpose, and vibrations. And we’re talkin’ ‘bout…good vibrations. She teams up with brands to connect with their social media followers, and gets ticked off when her friends can’t connect with her cause they’re too busy on social media. Sound like a double-standard? It’s not, she has the purest intentions, encouraging us all to get out, feel uncomfortable, and grow.
Now going into this recording, Ben and Lib, and especially Ben, didn’t realize that Kait had graduated from Utah State in graphic design. While receiving her degree from USU, Kait also completed her Yoga Teacher Training. And she quickly realized that graphic design wasn’t what was keeping her up at night, it wasn’t her passion. So she made the switch, started her own traveling yoga retreat studio, where people from all walks of life can come and connect, be fearlessly themselves, and feed their souls.
- Connecting with People – she’s a huge believer in vibrations, energy, and that creative push that comes from like-minded people. She often returns to the fine line between being content, and being comfortable, and choosing to push herself to be uncomfortable.
- Connecting with Nature – even in the dead of Utah winters, Kait feeds her soul by getting out and experiencing the beauty that surrounds us. It feels like home to her, comfort from her childhood experiences.
Personal Tick Offs:
- Creative Ruts, or just ruts in general – and to get out of those, she turns to her ticks. Align power of choice and awareness and step out of those ruts!
- Spreading yourself too thin – plan and prioritize, and use the power of choice to say no. (She’s still learning how to do this).
Professional Tick Offs:
- When people are too involved with social media at social events. Or those that can’t disconnect and “be in the now.” It lacks connection.
- Kait shares a quote from Ekhart Tolle. "Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life which is never not now. And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now."
- Getting out of the comfortable – get uncomfortable at a Revitalize Retreat, in a good, growing sort of way. Also, we should mention that Kait is going to hike to Everest Base Camp in about a month from now…so that’s new, exciting, and uncomfortable.
- Be a does, not a sayer – Kait lives by this. Don’t life in the fear of failing. Again, she’s going to Everest Base Camp, and this wasn’t a part of her original 2018 plans.
Birthday Interruption happens at minute 40:40 when Ben and Lib and Robby celebrate Kait’s birthday, which happened to be the day before we recorded this episode. Happy Birthday, Kaitlin!