04/10/2018 | 52 MINUTES
This week’s guest: Brad Vanfleet – an “average Joe” Walmart employee by day and Executive Director of the Uintah Basin Youth Chamber Orchestra and Principal Violist for Uintah Basin Orchestra and Chorus by night. He’s learned to overcome his social anxiety by seeing the 12 year old in everyone and through the help of life-changing mentors. Brad now is giving back by helping the youth and yes, he gets asked on the daily the difference between viola and violin.
- High Energy by always doing something and learning something
- Astro photography, woodworking and fly-fishing
- The support of his wife in all his hobbies (bless her heart!)
- Having so many hobbies and activities make it hard to balance life.
- Lack of “Brad” time – it’s been a while since the last fly fishing trip
- Social anxiety
- Not knowing when to slow down (that high energy just keeps going)
- Answering the difference between the viola and violin…on the daily
- Being okay with mistakes and learning from them. See Will Smith failure video
- Motivating parents to keep their kids in music
Connect with Brad:
Uintah Basin Youth Chamber Orchestra Website – www.ubyco.org
Mailing Address – PO Box 133 Vernal, UT 84078