08/07/2018 | 62 MINUTES
We take Ticked On the Road this week to explore weddings. Specifically, Dalton’s Wedding. From Bridesmaid Dresses to quiet photographers and from wedding food savories to reuniting with high school buddies, we talk ticks and tick offs with wedding guests. This episode has all the feels, as a wedding should. So, kick off your high heels, dance like no one is watching, and stay ticked.
- Seeing people you haven’t seen in a while.
- Even the worst dancers can shine at wedding dances. Flossing and Dabbing everywhere.
- Watching the bride and groom during those in-between moments. They’re so in love!
- We love love. The union of two families. There’s this energy of everyone coming together to celebrate love.
- Getting to meet the new in-law family. What are these friends of ours getting themselves into?
- All the feels around weddings.
- Sweet and Savory mix of wedding food.
- Never-ending small talk. You end up saying the same thing 20 different times to the people you encounter. What are you up to right now?
- Wedding Garter removal process. It’s a fiasco. We’ll leave it at that.
- Wedding party attire. Do you keep the flowery tie? The hot pink dress with a leopard print top?
- Getting your bridesmaid dress to match with others. How many shades of blue can there be?
- All those expenses that pop up. As a bride, you can’t have everything in that binder you created when you were 9 years old.
- Pictures. It’s hot, you have to wait around to get your turn with the pictures, but sometimes little kids help you get to the front of the line.
- On the subject of pictures, quiet photographers. Take command, hipster!
- The songs played at weddings that are cliche, or too…setting-appropriate (“All the Single Ladies” when the bouquet is thrown).
- Standard Desserts – Italian Sodas, Crepes, Sugar Cookies…