08/14/2018 | 56 MINUTES
This week’s guest, Rachel Kirkham – college soccer player turned business owner and trainer for young girls. Rachel trains like a girl, and inspires young athletes to take risks and progress, mentally and physically. If she can’t figure out how to do something, she gets mad, then figures it out. Simple, right?
- Learning and Progression – Rachel and her husband have most recently learned about Real Estate, #adulting.
- Rachel and her husband designate words to the year, theming them. 2018’s theme: Risk
- Rachel thrives on change, risk. Her husband? Not so much. But the theme is pushing them.
- It’s through continual learning and progression that Rachel’s been able to identify her primary passion: coaching and training soccer.
- The more you learn, the more you enjoy life.
Personal Tick Offs:
- When she can’t figure something out. She gets angry. But the anger lights the fire to learn.
Professional Tick Offs:
- The mentality in the US that “soccer is failing.” This doesn’t apply to all athletes who love the game.
- There’s a lot of inequality between male and female professional soccer players. Rachel’s a strong advocate, and very educated.
- Repetition brings confidence, risks bring rewards
- Women are powerful. They rise up and take care of business, especially in soccer.
- Gain perspective. Learn through the process and make life better for yourself and others around you.